The Galleries at CSU will move out of its current location in the Cowell & Hubbard Building in Playhouse Square on 1307 Euclid Ave. by July 31 after over a decade.
Playhouse Square and Cleveland State will remain collaborators in theater, dance, film, media arts and more, but will “pursue new opportunities and strategic priorities in terms of the Galleries and that location,” according to CSU.
The venue, which first opened in September 2012, displays local art and features related cultural programs that serve to educate and promote the understanding of art for students and community members.
This location change is a part of CSU 2.0, the university’s master plan for aggressive growth and success that was announced in 2021 and is currently being implemented.
The Galleries’ new location has yet to be announced. To learn more about The Galleries at CSU and current exhibitions, visit here.